OUR KONA BEACH LOCATION - Your central headquarters to the following nearby Beaches, parks and Shopping, ith Walking or driving distances given, from the main Ocean road, Alii Drive, starting from Mile Marker 4:
Our near by Beaches & Parks -
* Magic-White Sands Beach & Park - offers some of the finest Board & Body Surfing in Kona. Life Guards, Public baths & showers, and public parking. Now only a few minutes Walk!
* Pahoehoe Park - Beautiful ocean-side Public Park & Grounds for celebrating Family Birthday's, Weddings, Anniversaries and Reunions. Notice: Permit may be required. Picnic tables, BBQ grills and public roadside parking. 7-minute Walk!
* La Aloa Beach - Not really a beach, just an open area, with lots of large smooth lava rocks, located at GPS-Mile Marker 4, that provides ocean access to Scuba Divers for exploring the underwater Caves, Cathedrals, and arches. Road-side parking available. 4-minute Walk!
* Kahaluu Beach & Park - located @ Mile Marker 5. Famous for one of the best coral reefs in Kona/Keauhou area for Snorkeling and Honu (turtle) watching. Life Guards, Public baths & showers, numerous picnic tables, BBQ grills, beautifully landscaped and maintained, with an extra-large lot for public parking. Vendors include food, collectibles and Surfing/Paddle board lessons available on-site. 10-minute Walk!
Our recommended list of Restaurants for 2013 -
* Awesome restaurants and shopping, within Minutes in Kailua Village with recommended places like: Splasher's, Bubba Gump, Hard Rock Cafe, Quinn?s, Kona Brewing Company, Lemon Grass & Montre?s Thai, to the New Sam Choy's 'Kai Lanai' Restaurant, next to the Keauhou Shopping Center.
Nearby Shopping & Open Markets - 10 to 15 minute drive or less!
* Kailua Village By-The Sea & Shops - Driving distance, about 7-minutes.
* Keauhou Shopping Center - Driving distance, about 5-minutes. KSC features a Free Hula Dance Show + a great Farmer's Market on the weekend's!
* Costco, Safeway, Wal-Mart and new Target Store - about 15 minutes.
* A Marketplace List, for local Fruits, Vegetables, Desserts, Jam's and other items is located on-site.
Most Favorite 2013 Famliy Activity's, not-to-miss include:
? A visit to the Native Hawaiian - City of Refuge complex, the Observatory atop Mauna Kea and the Volcanoes National Park, and experience America's only active volcano, Kilauea.
* Highly-recommend - a Night Diving to see the giant Manta Rays, or, take a boat charter to see the Whales up close, or, go Zip Lining or see the Dolphin Pods at our favorite nearby Kona spots!
* It's a Big Island with more to see and very easy to drive 360 around the Big Island, to almost anywhere from Kona, to the North to Kohala/Waikaloa or Eastward to Hilo or South to Volcano.
Photos by PaxFoto Hawaii. Copyright 2012.